All is well at the Hubbard household.
I think I failed to mention that the morning we miscarried we also discovered Ben had strep throat. Bummer. The good news is he's pretty much over that now!
Ben also has made a discovery that has him intensely addicted: Family History. He has been at it all day and has made some great discoveries! He took his findings to the Family History Library on campus and the specialists were astonished at how much he had obtained in just one day. (Go Ben!)
One of Ben's goals is to find out how Hannah Dustin is related, as family claims she is.
Hannah Dustin was the first woman in the United States to get her own statue. Find out why: http://www.hannahdustin.com/
It has us really excited to get out to Maine so we can visit graveyards and get more names and information. Keep it up!
More exciting news: I got a job!
Actually, I got two! :)
The first is:

On my birthday, March 2, we had dinner at The Pineapple Grill in Rexburg. A couple doors down we noticed a wellness center that offered massage, so we decided to take a peek and see what was going on. We met the owner, Stefani, and she showed us around the place. AromaTechnique was created June of last year, and Stefani has a lot going on with the company! They offer massage, yoga classes, doTerra essential oils, cranial sacral therapy, teeth whitening, and even an oxygen bar! She had been looking for someone she could hire to basically be her when she couldn't be there; she needed someone who could manage the front desk and also be able to take a client if someone walked in. I had my first day of training today, and it was fun! I'm excited to get more exposure to the business aspect of a clinic.
The second is:
The night before the miscarriage, March 9, I stumbled upon a website that stated Massage Envy was hiring in Ammon, ID. This thrilled me because I have already had experience with Massage Envy. I worked at a clinic in American Fork, UT while I was finishing massage school and loved it. I submitted an online application that night but couldn't let that be it. The next morning, March 10, in desperation to get to something to take my mind off current events, I wrote a cover letter and drove with Ben to Idaho Falls (Ammon) to personally hand in an application. The front desk girl seemed excited at my application because they were hiring Front Desk, Management, and Massage Therapists, and I have experience with all three. The manager invited me for an interview later that day, which went well. Monday, March 14, I had my first hands on interview. The lead Therapist I worked with was very complimentary and enjoyable to work with. I got a call later that night saying I start work Thursday!
I am ecstatic!
I really feel that Ben and I are being so blessed. We are grateful to have more time to continue to fortify our relationship before having children. We are grateful to have income (good income) to provide for ourselves, pay for college, and save for a family. We are grateful for a clean home and cheap rent. We are grateful for technology to allow us to connect with our ancestors. We are grateful for wonderful family who helps us in our genealogy search.
We feel so incredibly blessed and so incredibly grateful!


No comments:
Post a Comment