Monday, March 7, 2011

one year older and... wiser too?

I forgot to mention that my birthday was last week!  I was born March 2, 1988, so this year made me 23!  I had an amazing birthday thanks to my handsome husband.  We got to spend the whole day together and I wouldn't have it any other way.

We went miniature golfing indoors.  The walls and golf course were all florescent colors and the room was lighted with black lights so that was pretty cool (Ben won).  Quiznos was free for lunch because we had won some bowling games the Saturday before. (Thank you FatCats!) We lounged around the house and played Scrabble (I won).  We had sushi (mine were cooked for the baby's sake) for dinner at The Pineapple Grill in Rexburg.  Delicious!  Ben made me a cake the day before and had it hidden for the special day.  It was my favorite!  Funfetti cake with Funfetti frosting.
 

At night we invited over our buddy Taylor Harper for cake and I opened Ben's presents.  Taylor was nice enough to get me this Red Sox hat.  Nice, huh!  I am really excited about it.

Ben always treats me well, in every aspect, but especially in gifts.  He is incredibly thoughtful and sometimes I wish I had his talent!  He got me a willow tree figure of a brunette mommy-to-be, a special version of the hymn book with gorgeous pictures throughout, and a hair dryer (I asked for that one).

It was a great day!!! The best birthday I've had in a long time, thanks to Ben! (Thank you Ben!!)  
This was a birthday of a lot of "firsts."  This was my first birthday celebrated in Rexburg, my first birthday as a returned missionary, my first birthday married, and my first birthday pregnant.  I have a feeling this is the start of a great year of life!

2 comments:

  1. Wait...did you eat at Pineapple Grill ON your birthday? Because I definitely ate there last Wednesday too! I had no idea you were in town. I was staying with Rach, we could have gotten together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures of you guys. I hope your birthday was awesome. Thanks for keeping this blog. Oh and you write really well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete