Every other year my mom's side of the family makes it out to Zion's National Park for Thanksgiving! This has turned out to be a bit of a family reunion and is always a VERY fun few days.
We gather a pretty big group for Thanksgiving! My grandparents, their 11 children with spouses, over 50 grandchildren, and now some great-grandchildren come! In addition to that, my Grammy's cousin also comes with her 5 sons, their wives and children. I can't remember how many exactly gathered for the Thanksgiving feast, but I want to say it was between 80 and 90. Needless to say we have a large room rented out, and thankfully the feast is buffet style.
The night before Thanksgiving we gathered together as an entire extended family to play a couple games and discuss the purpose of Thanksgiving a bit.
 |
| Entering the park |
 |
| My mom with her first grandson, Caiman |
 |
At the feast!
After Thanksgiving dinner everyone gathers out front of the lodge on a large lawn to play football! I didn't get any good pictures of the event, but here is what the lawn looks like! |
Ben was ecstatic that he actually saw wildlife outside of Montana! (He's beginning to doubt whether wildlife exists outside of zoo's in any other state but Montana.)
They got pretty close to this deer!
 |
| Ben on a hike with my brother Spencer |
 |
| Spencer close to a deer |
The day after Thanksgiving most of the family goes on a walk/hike along the river. There is a path, but there are places where you can go down to the river. The kids all LOVE climbing the rocks!
 |
| My beautiful sister, Anna! |
 |
| 28 weeks pregnant and feeling it! |
 |
| Zion's is BEAUTIFUL |
 |
| I have a DANG good looking husband ;) |
Later Ben and I went on a little excursion with my brother Tanner, his wife Keeley, and their infant son, Caiman. We drove up into the Canyon and explored a bit.
 |
| Ben with our first nephew, Caiman |
 |
| My gorgeous sister-in-law, Keeley and Caiman |
 |
| So glad these 3 are part of our family! |
 |
| Look familiar? The circle of life!!! Introducing Caiman to the world :) |
 |
I hope they make this part of their Christmas card
After some fun in Zion's we drove back to Highland for a day to my mom's house. There we got to spend a bit more time with family and do a couple fun activities. |
We made some cute reindeer cupcakes and deer print candies.
It was so fun to spend time with family!!! I was so grateful to have all my siblings there for Thanksgiving, and wish we could've spent individual time with each. I don't have any pictures of my brother Cory or Andrew. We have one family picture but it wasn't taken from my camera so I'll have to see if I can get a hold of it!
So blessed and so grateful.
I loved seeing/hearing all about Thanksgiving! So wish I could have been there...
ReplyDeleteso fun, rachel! wish we could have spent more time with you!
ReplyDelete