Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Getting Crafty

I thought I would be satisfied making one or two things for our baby girl, but once I began browsing craft and fabric stores, something else took over. I now have ambition to make:

  • curtains
  • a slip cover for the rocker
  • a pillow for the rocker
  • burp cloths
  • onsies with animal cut-outs
  • ...and I'm sure I'll think of more as I'm making these...

These would be in addition to the quilt, fabric boards, and framed name I already made for her. Who knew crafts could be so addicting? 

I've shared a bit of the quilt along the way, but here is the finished product!


This is what it looks like on the back:


Here is my little workstation:
(The sewing machine isn't backwards, my picture is. I took this with my computer.)


I thought it was a good idea to make some burp cloths, but it's proving to be more frustrating than fun today. This is the one i've started on:


A big THANK YOU to all the youtube videos and pinned ideas on pinterest.com that have me so drawn in. Those sites are AMAZING teachers, believe it or not! 

For kicks and giggles, here's a full view. This took a lot longer to make than I thought it would!



1 comment:

  1. That's so fun...awesome job, Rachel. I had a blast getting ready for Leah and got sucked in by all the craft blogs...I made a similar rag quilt for her :) Unfortunately, I didn't make squat for Dallin. Except a couple of pieces of fabric that I framed. Poor kiddo. (I did paint his room, though!)

    ReplyDelete