Saturday, January 5, 2013

East Coast Trip

Somehow I skipped over one of the BEST trips I have ever been on. July 2012 Ben took Audrey and I on a tour of New England! We visited Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Boston! Audrey and I LOVED getting to know the Hubbard clan (most of which I had not yet met) and seeing where our handsome man grew up. It really was a blast of a trip and here is a glimpse of it.


We had a layover in Baltimore and got to meet up with my aunt Katie and see her cute kids! 


It was so fun to meet Dallin and see Leah and Katie again!


I think Audrey loved Dallin, too!




First stop was the Hustus home! We had a great time staying with Kathy, Jim, and Trevor and are grateful Kathy and Trevor were willing to be our tour guides for a few days!



This is one adorable home where Ben lived! Unfortunately, the current owners didn't keep it up, but I could see how darling it once was!



Ben used to go lobtstering with his dad from this small harbor and we got to enjoy the beach!


Our girl soaking up some rays!




Discovering the Atlantic ocean with daddy!


Best food of the trip? LOBSTAH. We had lobster EVERY DAY we were in Maine :D



You show that lobster who's boss, Ben!


Lin Libby's candy shop is my new favorite. 






We got to go deep sea fishing and lobstering with uncle Paul Sevigny. I whooped the men at their favorite sport! That's a 32" striped bass.


I don't think I got a full picture of us with the Sevigny family! :( But we were so grateful to stay with them and I'm so grateful at how the girls loved Audrey!



We got to cross off one thing off Ben's bucket list! We went to a Red Sox game at Fenway Park and had AWESOME seats! It was a great game!



Even Audrey loved it :)


Look guys, it's Fenway!


We stopped in Sharon, VT to go to a church history site. It is where Joseph Smith was born and there is a memorial there. It was a sacred place and we're grateful for all he did as God's servant to better connect the world to Christ and the gospel!


The best part of the trip: CAMP!!! 


We had to eat at Polly's pancake parlor!


With Grammy and Grampy Hubbard <3 We love you guys and are so grateful we got to spend so much time with you!


Grammy and Grampy volunteered to watch Audrey so Ben and I could go Kayaking! It was a blast! I had never been. The lake was beautiful and I got to get to know the loons of the lake.


Audrey didn't mind hanging out with grammy and grampy! They treated her well and had her laughing!


Tallest mountain in the area.


Building a small tower in memory of uncle Tom. Some of his ashes were spread here.


Audrey and I were grateful to meet uncle Tom! We look forward to getting to know him better in the next life.


Camp Mayo is the best!


Our last day of the trip was spent at the Carr's home swimming and having a delicious dinner! 

A BIG thank you to the Hubbard family for making our trip so special. We LOVED the time spent with you and are excited for our next trip out! (Though it may not be for a little while.) We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment