The walls and ceiling were both a tan color. Ben painted the walls light purple and the ceiling white. The color turned out so perfect! It looks great with the white doors and white baseboards. We don't have much in her room yet, but as we build up her room we will be sure and share!
Ben took several days to sand and stain this crib. It had some dings and scratches in it, so we were able to get it at a great discount. It's a Pottery Barn crib for $200! Thank you Downeast. Also, thank you to my mom for buying it! Mattress is soon to come, thanks to my in-laws! THANK YOU PARENTS!
This shelf we also got at Downeast. It is also Pottery Barn (that wasn't intentional, we just found great deals on both the crib and shelf). Originally $80, Ben and I got it for $40. Don't you love it?! You can't see very well in this picture, but the back of it is lined like the bedroom door.
FYI the ADORABLE clothes I also got at a discount. BEST STORE EVER: Children's Orchard. It is a resale store in CA. When Ben and I visited California this last April we stocked up on some very cute, very cheap baby clothes. The blue dress is baby gap and the pink sweater comes with an adorable jean skirt and flowery bloomers.
Can you kind of see the hanging headbands? We got them along with the clip-on flowers at a resale store here in Rexburg called Mommy and Me. They are what we splurged on the day we found out our girl is a girl!
SOON TO COME:
- A little bookcase we got for free. It is currently in our garage and we are painting it white also.
- My mother-in-law is kind enough to give us her Canadian Rocking Chair, given to her by her mother when she had her first child. We are so excited! We have just the spot to put it. The cushions are still comfy but don't match the colors in the room, so we plan on finding a cute material to make covers for them.
- My Aunt Katie made this adorable board and gave it to my mother, who is letting us borrow it for our home and nursery. We plan on pinning our little girls flowers and bows on it! It now has a pretty frame around it and we can't wait to get it up in the room!
- We also have a few white frames we are using to hang in her room. One has a picture of Christ holding an infant. (I tried to google it but can't find it online)
I can't wait to get this nursery complete and show you!!! It's going to be so adorable. Best yet, it's going to be adorable at a discount. :)
I'm not sure what we're going to do above her crib yet... any suggestions?!



Great Job !
ReplyDeletewe are very excited to meet our Granddaughter !
you both are going to Awesome parents
Rachel, I love, love, love the nursery thus far! Great finds - it will all come together perfectly. Don't buy too many clothes before baby showers - people love to buy girl clothes (we are only now just buying clothes for Olivia @ 16mos. - that is how much we received). I wouldn't stress about what to hang over the crib - I was too paranoid whatever I hung up would fall off the wall, so I don't have anything over the crib still. That is just me.
ReplyDelete