Friday, July 15, 2011

baby it's time for a...

BABY due feb 15, 2012

We are ecstatic to announce that we are once again EXPECTING!!!! I am now almost 10 weeks along and am fairly positive this kid will stick around to meet us and join our home in February.
As far as the pregnancy goes, it has been pretty difficult so far! It's a bittersweet thing. I've been so sick with this pregnancy so far, but every day I'm sick I silently cheer inside because that means things are going right! On a daily basis Ben squeals, "I'm going to be a daddy!" I admit I can't wait to see how Ben interacts with our son or daughter. It is just an exciting time!!!

Thanks to some anti-nausea medication I am able to work again. However, the medicine doesn't take away all of the pregnancy symptoms. I still find myself unable to eat a whole meal. Anything with meat is repulsive.. actually anything with substance in general. If I am eating, I tolerate fruit and some sort of ice cream. I have always loved eating, but my views on the subject have made a full turn. Honestly at this point it has become such a chore and I really despise it! I do what I can though for the sake of the kiddo.

Though I'm keeping my food in (for the most part) I still feel nauseous on a daily basis. You'd think anti-nausea medicine would take care of that!? Honestly though I'm grateful to be keeping some calories and if that's all the benefit I get it's good enough for me. I just have to take things easier than I normally would. Even after doing something simple like laundry I feel like I need to sit or lay down for a bit. That usually results in an impromptu nap.

That's another thing. I feel as if I could sleep at any time of the day. It's nice to be able to relax when I can, but I find that there are a lot of things that call for my attention. It's just as well; I know that with future pregnancies I will have other children to tend to and I couldn't just put their little lives on hold while I take a nap. Still, Ben lets me rest when I can (and sometimes he joins me).

My favorite advice so far is from none other than my mother. She advised me to do what I can do, and not to feel bad for the things that I can't. She reminds me that I am working 24/7 to do the greatest work on this earth.
I always loved when mom was pregnant because she did say that she felt productive all the time, regardless of what else was going on. and she was always so happy.

There are a lot of changes in my body from this pregnancy, and I hope by noticing them I don't mislead people to think that I'm miserable. I really am so happy and anxious and excited.

Ben and I can't wait to bring our little one into the world! When the baby comes, we hope to introduce you.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! Keep us posted on the happy news.

    ReplyDelete